The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood
Because Big Change Starts Small
Our early childhoods, the time from pregnancy to five, fundamentally shape our whole lives. Through research, campaigns and collaboration The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood is working to change the way we think and act on the early years so that together we can build a happier, healthier, more nurturing world.
The Centre will drive awareness of, and action on, the extraordinary impact of the early years, changing what we think and do on early childhood, in order to transform society for generations to come.
The Centre will focus on three key areas of activity in the years to come:
- promoting and commissioning high-quality research to increase knowledge and share best practice;
- working with people from across the private, public and voluntary sectors to collaborate on new solutions; and
- developing creative campaigns to raise awareness and inspire action, driving real, positive change on the early years.
The Centre will focus on collaborating with people from across the private, public and voluntary sectors and from all walks of life to bring about positive change.
In the UK, children and families are supported by a passionately committed and professional workforce, including midwives, GPs, health visitors, childcare workers and educators. The Centre will work to capitalise on an opportunity to build a world-leading early years sector, which can only be achieved through collaboration. Across professions, departments and regions, a joined-up approach to the early years offers huge potential gains for society.Find out more
The inaugural report from the Centre for Early Childhood, titled Big Change Starts Small, highlights six areas where there is an opportunity to make a difference:
1) Raising awareness of the extraordinary impact of the early years
2) Building a mentally healthier and more nurturing society
3) Creating communities of support
4) Strengthening the early years workforce
5) Putting the data to work for early years
6) Supporting long-term and inter-generational change
Building on this knowledge, the Centre will focus on developing creative campaigns to raise awareness and inspire action, driving real, positive change on the early years.Visit the Centre for Early Childhood